There are 3 types of transfers in the Maldives:
• Speedboat transfer
• Seaplane transfer
• Domestic flight + speedboat transfer
All the transfers need to be booked and paid in advance while the guest books their stay. It is not possible to book the transfers at the airport upon arrival and resorts do not confirm the bookings without transfers.
If you have booked a regular shared transfer it means you booked a group transfer and not an individual one.
Most of the transfers in Maldives are grouped & shared with the other guests or the same resort or resorts nearby.Speedboat
Speedboat transfer takes from 10 to 90 minutes depending on the distance of the resort from the airport.
Exciting airport representative will escort the guests up to the jetty and pass the guests in hands of the resort's employees that will be waiting to board the boat.
Arrival & departure jetties are located just in-front of the main airport building, few steps away.Domestic flight + Speed boat
This transfer consists of a flight by wheeled plane from Male' International Airport to the nearest domestic airport to the resort, and a speedboat ride from this domestic airport to the required resort.
Guests are escorted by Exciting rep to the domestic terminal for check-in. Domestic check-in starts 90 minutes before flight. Some resorts offer access to a comfortable Moonima lounge where guests can relax with food, beverages and Wi-Fi. Boarding starts 20 minutes before the fligth.*During the booking process please check if the resort provides access to the lounge.
Waiting time for domestic flight depends on the flight schedule and availability of the seats. It cannot be confirmed or discussed in advance and varies between 1 to 6 hours.
After the flight, guests will be received by the resort representative at the domestic airport and escorted to the speedboat transfer to their island-resort.
What you need to know:
• The timetable of domestic flights can change without prior notice.
• The plane can make stops at the other airports and may not be direct.Seaplane Transfer
Seaplanes fly only during daytime from 6 AM to 4 PM. They may make stops on the way at other resorts. The time schedule for seaplane transfers normally is announced around 6 PM the day prior to departure.
Guests are escorted to the Seaplane Terminal by car or a shuttle bus after checking-in their luggage and receiving boarding passes at the Main Airport building. The ride takes takes around 10-15 min. Upon arrival to a corresponding Seaplane Terminal guests will be accommodated in a lounge.
*facilities provided in a lounge vary from one resort to another. Please check on it upon booking confirmation.
• The waiting time for a seaplane could be from 30 minutes up to 4 hours.
• Luggage restrictions on the seaplane:
• Maximum 20 kg per luggage.
• Hand luggage 5 kg per person.
• For excess luggage charges will be applied during check-in.ATTENTION! Neither the resort, nor seaplane transfer company nor Exciting Travel Holidays will bear any responsibility for delays of the seaplane transfer during extreme weather conditions that might make the guest miss their international flight or not being able to reach their resort on time.